Leila is a multi talented, multilingual artist/songwriter that bridges many different cultures. A truly international artist, she was born in Argentina to Spanish parents, grew up in Barcelona and Valencia Spain. She later moved to Canada and now resides in the United States.
Embracing Soul, Smooth Jazz, R&B and Latin "World" rhythms, Leila's sound is a soulful combination of passion, percolating grooves, warm, sensual vocals and romantic flamenco guitar.
Her debut “Of Life” resulted in a huge internet fan base topping several music charts with songs crossing many genres and charting simultaeneously. These included several top 10 songs in Soul, R&B, Latin, and Adult Genres, and reaching the #16 spot on MP3.Com’s Top 40, well above 400,000 songs and artists.
MEDIABASE AMERICAN MUSIC CHARTS - LATEST RELEASE "SOUL ASCENSION"
* Her song "Listen Don't Listen" made the top 50, Mediabase American Music Charts, alongside ADELE, BRUNO MARS and SADE
Her latest release “Soul Ascension" blends lyrical depth, introspection and vulnerability with smooth sultry vocals and an emphasis on humanitarianism, unity and positive uplifting messages. Guest appearances include:
* Grammy award winning producer, K.C. PORTER (Santana, Ricky Martin, Janet Jackson) - featured on vocals on the song “Change” with Leila
* Saxophone/Smooth Jazz recording Star ERIC DARIUS
* World renowned flamenco guitarist ROMERO
* Hit songwriter/producer and smooth jazz artist Funkee Boy.
With her culturally diverse, colorful and exciting live show in celebration of the different rhythms of the world, Leila's concert highlights include:
* Invitation to perform at the legendary, late MICHAEL JACKSON'S NEVERLAND RANCH
* Opening Act for LATIN GRAMMY WINNERS - Gilberto Santa Rosa - Charlie Zaa - and legendary Tony Vega at Connecticut's MOHEGAN SUN ARENA.
* The Globe Theatre (Univeral Studios) Hollywood, honoring Jim Henson
* BB King Blues Club - Foxwoods Resort and Casino
* Summerfest Outdoor World Festival
* and several radio station live appearances
SPECIAL RECORDING PROJECTS:
Leila appeared on the CD “Songs of Hope and Unity” as one of only 40 songwriters invited to write and record for this project with such industry greats as:
* BRIAN CULBERTSON
* MOTOWN LEGEND LAMONT DOZIER
* R&B singer Carl Thomas
* Grammy Winning Producer KC PORTER
Oneness, whose board members include Santana, among other iconic musicians, is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of racial equality and tolerance and aims to spread unity consciousness through music and the arts..
FILM AND TELEVISION MUSIC PLACEMENTS:
Leila's music has been featured on major networks including
* CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, VH1, HBO, and SHOWTIME. Popular shows Include...
* "The Young And The Restless”
* “Days Of Our Lives”
* “All My Children”
* HBO's “Soulfood” series
* “They Call Me Sir” starring Michael Clark Duncan of “The Green Mile”
and several made for TV movies and specials.